Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Paper Thin

So I met this girl today who is recovering from anorexia. The problem is that people are being so rude to her because she ever developed the disorder. They treat her as though she's a horrible person just because she fell into some bad stuff with food. The sad part is they turn to me and congratulate me on my body yet mine's not healthy either! I still struggle with anorexia too.
I suggest if you hear or meet anyone struggling with anorexia (or any other eating disorder) be a little more sympathetic and encourage them. Many people will quit trying to recover if it seems no one is on their side. If you haven't gone through it yourself you can't possibly understand how hard this is for us. Please, just congratulate them on trying. Who knows, you might be the one to spark a hardcore change in them.
I'll end this short post/rant by saying that thankfully this new friend of mine is still trying. She's ignoring all the bigots and doing her best to gain a healthy relationship with food. If you want to say anything to her you can post it here and I'll make sure she sees it.

For those of you who are going through your own eating disorder of any kind, stay strong and just remember that healthy is better and happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment