Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hair dye, masks and Bond villains.


So, last Friday I re-dyed my hair because the color was fading out pretty bad. My hair now thinks I am the most evil person alive since the invention of the Bond villain. I'm pretty bad with bleach, I have an addiction to bright, unnatural colors like pink and blue and I'm always changing the color. My hair dresser hates me for the way I treat my hair and is always telling me to stop dying it otherwise it'll start falling out but it hasn't happened yet. It needs help, I should probably stop dying it more than once every couple of months but that's unlikely to happen so instead I have compiled and found a list of incredible make at home hair masks and conditioners which are just as good as the salon uses.


Coconut cream mask

Soften a large chunk of coconut cream in your hands and massage into hair. Wrap your head in a warm towel and leave it on for an hour. Wash out with a gentle shampoo.

Egg mask

Beat two full eggs with 2 tablespoons of water. Apply to clean, damp hair, massaging in well. Leave for 10 – 15 minutes and then wash out with mild shampoo.

Banana smoothie for hair – not for drinking!

Mix 1 mashed banana, 1 full egg, 3 tablespoons of honey, 3 tablespoons of milk and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Make sure it’s well combined and then apply to hair. Leave for 15 – 30 minutes and wash out with a gentle shampoo.

Yogurt hair mask

Separate an egg and beat the white until it’s foamy. Mix with 6 tablespoons of natural yogurt. Massage into the hair and leave for 15 – 30 minutes. Wash out with a very mild shampoo.

Avocado hair mask

Mash the flesh of one ripe avocado. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until creamy and then apply to your hair. Leave for 20 minutes and then wash out with a gentle shampoo.

Olive oil hair mask
Whisk up 5 tablespoons of olive oil – it doesn’t matter which sort – with 2 full eggs. Massage thoroughly into your hair and then cover it with plastic wrap or a shower hat. Your body heat will help the oil to penetrate. Leave for a minimum of 30 minutes and then shampoo out, rinsing well.

Honey and Olive oil mask

Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply to your hair and wrap your head in plastic film or put on a shower hat. Leave for at least 30 minutes and then shampoo as usual, rinsing well.

Banana and almond mask for dry, damaged hair

Mash a ripe banana and add a few drops of almond oil. Mix well and massage into your hair. Leave for 15 – 30 minutes. Wash out with gentle shampoo.

Milk and honey mask

Mix a tablespoon of honey in half a cup of full fat milk. Apply to your hair and leave for 15 minutes. Wash out with a mild shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment